It is no secret that videos can take up a lot of space. Even if you just keep short clips that you find interesting or recorded yourself, over time it will add up and begin to take a serious toll on your storage space. While you could try to delete some of the videos that you no longer need, another alternative is to compress them so that their file size is smaller.
By compressing videos you can still keep them around while at the same time freeing up space on your PC or mobile device. While there are several ways in which you can compress videos, one of the easiest is by using Movavi Video Converter and following these steps:
- Launch Movavi Video Converter.
- Click on the ‘Add Media’ button then select ‘Add Video’ and choose the video that you want to compress.
- Choose a video format by clicking on the ‘Video’ tab near the bottom, or choose a preset under ‘Devices’ instead.
- In the file list, find the file size in the output information and click on it.
- Move the slider to adjust the file size (it will automatically adjust the bitrate accordingly).
- Click ‘Apply’ then ‘Convert’ when you are satisfied.
That is really all it takes to use Movavi Video Converter as a video compressor. If you want you can also adjust other parameters such as the frame rate and resolution which may affect the file size too.
Additionally Movavi Video Converter has features that will let you tweak your video in other ways as well. It can be used to cut and join video segments, improve the video quality, crop or rotate the frame, and insert customizable text as captions.
If you want you can also use Movavi Video Converter to convert image and audio files to different formats. In fact you could even create animated GIFs from your video clips, extract audio tracks from videos, and grab screenshots from individual video frames.
As you can see there are numerous ways in which Movavi Video Converter will let you free up space while still keeping the bits that you want in your videos. Aside from compressing them, you could even cut out short highlight clips, crop unnecessary segments, or even extract audio tracks if that’s really all you’re interested in. Be sure to explore all your options, as you may be able to free up more space than you realize.